The Eighth Annual Great Schools Clean Streams Contest concluded on May 13, 2022. Previous contests focused on asking participants to pledge to properly dispose of cooking grease. This year, the contest broadened its scope to ask participants to include all five steps of the New Castle County Clean Stream Champion program: scoop the poop, garden for water and life, only rain down the drain, reduce household chemicals, and cease the grease.
This year’s campaign collected 8,282 pledges from New Castle County parents, students and community members. Their commitment to being Clean Stream Champions means cleaner local waters for all New Castle County residents.
Each year the schools put in a tremendous effort, spreading the word about the contest, and are excellent ambassadors for the Great Schools Clean Streams contest. This year’s contest winners are listed below. Each winning school will receive a cash prize that can be used to purchase classroom materials and support campus projects.
This year’s winners are:
- Brandywine Springs School, 658 pledges, $1250
- Las Americas ASPIRA Academy, 438 pledges, $750
- Odyssey Charter School, 408 pledges, $500
- Olive B. Loss Elementary School, 797 pledges, $1250
- Brader Elementary School, 508 pledges, $750
- Christ The Teacher Catholic School, 473 pledges, $500
- Saint Edmond’s Academy, 391 pledges, $1250
- St. Peter The Apostle Catholic School, 333 pledges, $750
- Pilot School, 215 pledges, $500
Wild Card Winners: $250 Each
- Holy Angels School
- North Star Elementary School
- Tatnall School
- Mount Pleasant Elementary School
- First State Montessori Academy
- St. Mary Magdalen School
- St. Elizabeth School
- Forest Oak Elementary School
- Newark Charter School
- Ursuline Academy