Have you drained your pool yet? If not, please consider the environment when
you do. The water can be loaded with chlorine and other chemicals that are dangerous to fish and wildlife. Here are a few tips for safely disposing of pool water. For more, click here.
How to Properly Drain Your Pool Water
- Dechlorinate the water. In the days before draining, stop adding chlorine.
- Drain when the pH level is between 6.5 and 8.5. Use your regular testing kit to check the level.
- If you are in a hurry, add sodium thiosulphate to neutralize the chlorine—but give it enough time to work. Follow the directions.
- Not sure if you’ve dechlorinated for long enough? Let the water sit longer.
- Drain over grass if you can.